1. I am not Marky Mark's brother.
2. Well, brother, bring me a half-wonder and
twenty four unmentionables.
3. You're at the corner of Robson and Granville in
downtown Vancouver about 9am. It's a clear spring
day. There are no cars. The only other person
around is a man in a shabby suit walking twenty
paces ahead of you towards a Fairmont Hotels van.
Out of nowhere a young man rushes past you,
catches up with Shabby Suit, grabs the Suit's
hair, throws it in the middle of Robson Street and
keeps running. Shabby Suit swears and retrieves
his hair. You are the only person to witness this.
4. Where is the memorial for the tens of thousands
who died from accidental/by design smallpox
infections in British Columbia? John Belshaw
5. Read these poems. Write the poets. Be a mensch.
6. I am not optimistic but, as Cornel West says, I
remain a prisoner of hope.
Rader is a Contributing Editor of Forget.
February 14, 2013